Prima pagină » English » Romania’s Oil Co Petrom To Cut 3,000 Jobs As of Feb 1

Romania’s Oil Co Petrom To Cut 3,000 Jobs As of Feb 1

Romania’s dominant oil company Petrom (SNP.RO), majority owned by OMV AG (OMV.VI), will sack 3,000 employees as of February 1, according to the Employment Agency AJOFM in the southern county of Prahova.
Romania’s Oil Co Petrom To Cut 3,000 Jobs As of Feb 1
28 ian. 2009, 13:10, English

Dragos Parvan, the spokesman of AJOFM Prahova, told MEDIAFAX on Wednesday the institution received a notification from Petrom that said the company will cut 3,000 jobs, without specifying the counties affected by the layoff decision.

Sources within the company said earlier this month that Petrom might lay off around 4,000 employees due to the financial crisis, besides the annual layoffs already stipulated in the restructuring program.

In December 2004, when it was privatized, Petrom had 50,010 employees. Following a restructuring program, the oil producer laid off several thousand employees each year, and reached 26,397 employees at the end of 2007.

Petrom representatives did not say how many employees the company had end-2008, but, according to its personnel strategy, Petrom should have 22,630 employees at the end of 2009.