Renault Asks Romania For EUR170M State Aid

Publicat: 12 03. 2009, 14:51
Actualizat: 06 11. 2012, 09:15

The state aid requests were made by both Automobile Dacia, a Romanian carmaker owned by Renault, and Renault Group, Francois Fourmont, general manager of Renault Romania and of Dacia, said Thursday during Mediafax Talks about Auto Industry conference.

Renault asked for a EUR28 million aid to invest in Renault Technologie Roumanie (RTR) car testing in Titu, southern Romania, and to further ensure capital for the facility.

Fourmont said Romania might provide a state guarantee for a EUR100 million EIB loan.

On the other hand, Renault also asked for EUR40 million aids for several Dacia suppliers, as well as Romanian suppliers for its arm Nissan, related to EUR200 million investment projects.

Renault invested so far EUR1.5 billion in Romania, while the total amount of aids, subsidies granted by the state total only EUR75-78 million, Fourmont also said.

Romanian Prime Minister Emil Boc, who also attended Mediafax Talks about Auto Industry conference, said the government and Renault are in advanced talks to find ways to cooperate on the car testing facility.

Boc said Romania is ready to support Dacia and Renault, as well as other carmakers or car part suppliers, according to EU legislation.