Romanian Dacia Employees Reject New Wage Offer, Continue Gen Strike

Publicat: 09 04. 2008, 14:24
Actualizat: 06 11. 2012, 08:52
The management latest wage increase proposal was a gross RON394, compared to the previously offered gross RON250.
 
The new round of negotiations took place Tuesday evening and continued Wednesday morning, even though the management had previously said negotiations would be halted until employees go back to work.
 
"Nobody agreed with the new wage proposal, so we’ll continue the general strike,” deputy union leader Ion Iordache said.

The court is expected to rule Wednesday afternoon on the legitimacy of the strike.

Employees demand a wage increase of RON550.