Gandul
Previously, the Government issued Decision 833/2010, which postponed the transition from analog to digital television until January 1, 2015. ANCOM stated it had not been consulted in the drafting of the decision.
Seven companies had announced their participation in the tender. The regulator said Tuesday it had informed the seven of the procedure’s cancellation and that they would be refunded the fee paid to obtain the terms of tender.
In a press release, ANCOM president Catalin Marinescu said the delay would put Romania even further behind the rest of the European Union as regards the adoption of digital television and access to broadband Internet.