Romanians Rejecting Thermal Rehabilitation Program In Their Building Won’t Be Sanctioned

Publicat: 18 03. 2009, 11:25
Actualizat: 06 11. 2012, 09:15

"We’ll let citizens decide. We won’t sanction them. There is an avalanche of applications anyway,” Blaga said during a business seminar organized by Romanian daily Ziarul Financiar.

The minister said that enforcement norms of the decree rearguing the thermal rehabilitation of buildings will be published by Friday.

Under the decree, 50% of rehabilitation works will be paid from the state budget, 30% by local authorities and 20% by people living in the respective buildings.

Blaga said the law allows local authorities to cover the expenses of citizens who can’t afford to pay for insulation.

The minister reminded the budget assigned for thermal rehabilitation this year ensures financing for works at 50,000 apartments.

Last year, the rehabilitation of 1,887 apartments was completed and another 1,627 homes are still undergoing works.

Romania needs EUR11 billion to pay for works for all the country’s 83,500 old apartment buildings which host 3.5 million apartments.